How long do dental bridges last? | Our Dental Blog
How long do dental bridges last?
Dec 28 2017
As we mentioned, a dental bridge fills in the missing space where a tooth once was. Dental bridges are generally made up of two crowns and a false tooth. With proper dental hygiene and regular dental visits, dental bridges tend to last many years; it just depends on how well you care for your mouth.
To help extend the life of your dental bridge, we would like to give you a few tips.
- Eat less sugary and starchy foods to prevent tooth decay
- Avoid hard or sticky foods, as these can put stress on your dental bridge
- Brush and floss twice per day
- Be sure to floss under the bridge to remove any trapped food
- Schedule routine dental cleanings
You should treat a dental bridge just like your permanent teeth. By decreasing the amount of food that can cause cavities and strain on your teeth, and keeping a proper dental hygiene routine, you will extend the life of your bridge.